Grandmom graduated in 1914 from Sacred Heart School in Williamstown. This is her graduation portrait.
The class of 1909 was the first to graduate, although a designated school building did not exist at the time. Classes were held in the church and church basement.
In 1910, Fr. James Clarke purchased land from the Susquehanna Colliery to build a school. It was dedicated in November 1911, and had five class rooms, a large auditorium with a dance floor, a recreation room in the basement, and a small kitchen in the back.
The school taught a two-year commercial course until 1922, when it became a four-year high school.
Source: “Sacred Heart of Jesus Church, 100th Anniversary, 1875-1975” by Sara Savage.